Proud of the food you provide for young children? You should be shouting about it! Join our award scheme and show off your commitment to helping children eat well at nursery, at pre-school, in your children’s centre or with you as a childminder.
Our Good and Outstanding awards will help you:
- reassure parents you’re providing the best food for children
- show Ofsted that you’re supporting children’s wellbeing
- meet national voluntary guidelines on food and drink in childcare
- help children make healthy food choices
- receive recognition in your local community.
- Apply for our Good Food Award by showing us you have a good menu, a food policy and a commitment to improving your setting’s food even further. You’ll use our self-assessment form to do this, and your award is valid for one year.
- Apply for our Outstanding Food Award if you can also show us you meet comprehensive criteria on all aspects of food provision and practice. For this award, one of our assessors will also come out to visit you. This award is valid for three years, subject to terms and conditions, with a renewal fee in years two and three.
How much does it cost?
- Good Food Award: £299 + VAT* (annual renewal cost of £299 + VAT)
- Outstanding Food Award: £599 + VAT* (with a renewal cost of £299 + VAT for the following two years)
Bespoke prices for groups of settings (e.g. nursery chains) – please get in touch directly.
*Costs based on one setting.
What will we get once we’ve passed?
We’ll send you materials to promote your award – you’ll get an award logo, display certificate, vinyl display sticker, posters as well as a package of downloadable promotional resources such as templates for parent letters and press releases. Once you’ve achieved your award you will be featured on our website and we will also share your good news through our social media channels.
Sign up here:
Click here to complete our short sign up form.
Outstanding Food Award holders
Small is Beautiful Ltd awarded for two settings in Reading and Bracknell (January 2016)
Red Balloon Nursery Group awarded for two settings in Cobham and Weybridge (May 2016)
Rainbow Pre-school and Extended Services awarded for two settings in Biggleswade (April 2016)
Nature Trails Day Nursery in Rugby (April 2016)
Kloister’s Kindergarten in Rochester (April 2016)
Lordswood Under 5’s Playgroup Chatham (April 2016)
Castleview Day Nursery in Rochester (April 2016)
The Darland pre-school in Gillingham (April 2016)
Railway Nursery in Newhaven (April 2016)
Muddy Boots Home-based Childcare (April 2016)
The Peterborough School Nursery in Peterborough (February 2016)
Sandcastles Nursery in Hadleigh (February 2016)
Rainbow Childcare Centre in Bexhill (April 2016)
Ore Church Mice Preschool in Hastings (April 2016)
Muddy Boots Home-based Childcare in Battle (April 2016)
Park Road Under Fives Preschool in St Leonards-on-Sea (June 2016)
Silverdale Nursery in St Leonards-on-Sea (June 2016)
Robin Hill Nursery in Eastbourne (September 2016)
Little Poppets Nursery in Seaford (October 2016)
Bright Start Langley Nursery in Eastbourne (October 2016)
Sharon Giles (childminder) in Seaford (September 2016)
Lion Cubs Nursery in Eastbourne (September 2016)
Charlie Bears Nursery in Seaford (September 2016)
Twiglets Forest School (previously called Noah’s Ark Nursery) in Newhaven (October 2016)
Jennifer Crawt (childminder) in Eastbourne (September 2016)
Amberley Nursery in Bexhill (September 2016)
Blue Door Nursery in Seaford (September 2016)
Denton Island in Newhaven (October 2016)
Hopscotch Nursery in Peacehaven (September 2016)
Hopscotch Nursery in Seaford (September 2016)
Leaps and Bounds Nursery in Eastbourne (October 2016)
Jigsaw Day Nursery in St Leonards-on-Sea (October 2016)
Rising Stars pre-school in Eastbourne (October 2016)
Owlets Nursery in Eastbourne (October 2016)
The Caterpillar Nursery at Hollington Primary School in St Leonards-on-Sea (October 2016)
Children’s Choice (October 2016)
Good Food Award holders
Tiddly Winks Nursery in Redhill (July 2016)