When you’re looking for a childcare provider, you’ll be asking all sorts of questions to see if each one you visit is a good fit for your child. It’s easy to forget to ask about food and mealtimes, but these are a really important part of your child’s day. Getting this right can make all the difference when it comes to your child being happy in childcare – and making sure your child’s nursery, childminder or children’s centre carries on the good work you’ve started on food at home.
- Do you prepare meals and snacks from scratch here?
- Where will I find your menus?
- Can I come in and try a mealtime?
- Do staff eat with the children?
- How do you encourage fussy eaters?
- What sort of snack system do you use?
- Do you give children the chance to take part in cooking?
- How will you let me know what my child’s eaten each day?