Our award scheme
Proud of the food you offer to children? You should be shouting about it! Join our award scheme and show off your commitment to helping children eat well.
Our Good and Outstanding awards will help you:
- reassure parents you’re providing the best food for children
- show Ofsted that you’re supporting children’s wellbeing
- meet the national school food standards
- help children make healthy food choices
- receive recognition in your local community.
Our scheme is special because it’s not just about the food on the plate. We look at the whole lunchtime experience for children, and how you’re building their understanding of what it means to eat healthily, wherever they are.
- Apply for our Good Food Award by showing us you have a good menu, a food policy and a commitment to improving your food even further. You’ll use our self-assessment to do this, and your award is valid for year.
- Apply for our Outstanding Food Award if you can also show us you meet comprehensive criteria on all aspects of food provision and practice. For this award, one of our assessors will also come out to visit you. This award is valid for three years, subject to terms and conditions, with a renewal fee in years two and three.
How much does it cost?
- Good Food Award: £299 + VAT* (annual renewal cost of £299 + VAT)
- Outstanding Food Award: £599 + VAT* (with a renewal cost of £299 + VAT for the following two years)
Bespoke prices for groups of settings (e.g. nursery chains) – please get in touch directly.
*Costs based on one setting.
What will we get once we’ve passed?
We’ll send you materials to promote your award – you’ll get an award logo, display certificate, vinyl display sticker, posters as well as a package of downloadable promotional resources such as templates for parent letters and press releases. Once you’ve achieved your award you will be featured on our website and we will also share your good news through our social media channels.
Sign up here:
Click here to complete our short sign up form.