The Children’s Food Trust
1 East Parade
Phone: 0114 2996901
Click to email
Servings: 2 - 4
Fish, milk *
* Presence of allergens can vary by brand - always check product labels. If you serve food outside the home you must make allergen information available when asked.
This delicious dip uses canned salmon (an oily fish) which contains omega-3 fatty acids.
105g can salmon (in water)
100g reduced-fat soft cheese
1 small lemon (juice only)
1 x 15ml spoon semi skimmed milk (optional)
Chopped vegetables of your choice for dipping
Measuring spoons (optional)
1. Open the salmon and use the sieve to drain away the water.
2. Put the salmon into the mixing bowl and mash lightly with a fork.
3. Spoon the soft cheese into the bowl.
4. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice. Add the juice to the mixing bowl.
5. Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
6. If you want to make the dip a bit softer, add 1 x 15ml spoon of milk.
7. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve with your favourite chopped raw vegetables.
Skills used include:
Weighing, measuring, squeezing, mashing and serving.
Roll the lemon backwards and forwards on a table before you cut it in half. This makes it easier to juice.
Keep refrigerated and use within 1 day.