The Cook Well, Waste Less course can help:
- local authorities to reduce household food and drink waste
- waste companies by offering practical support to implement waste prevention strategies
- people taking the course to develop shopping, food preparation and cooking skills and the confidence to be creative with leftovers
- community groups and charities to integrate food waste reduction messages into community cooking programmes.
To find out more contact us.
- Did you know that on average, UK families are throwing away 12 per cent (by weight) of all the food and drink they buy? That’s six meals a week! This costs an average household between £470 and £680 each year.
- Reducing food waste also delivers significant environmental benefits through reducing waste going to landfill and emissions of harmful green house gases.
Household Food and Drink Waste in the UK 2012.