Through step-by-step information, this course provides you with all the information you need to:
- be able to work as part of a lunchtime support team
- to encourage children and young people to take a healthy school meal
- to encourage pupils to make healthy eating choices
- providing a calm and reassuring dining environment
- foster good eating habits that will support pupils in their infant, junior and teenage years and right through into adulthood.
In addition this course:
- highlights the importance of your role in creating an excellent dining experience and promoting healthier eating
- increases your knowledge of children and young peoples’ nutritional needs and how school meals contribute to these requirements
- provides techniques to better engage with children, young people, catering staff, school staff and peers
- gives you different ways to handle children and young people’s behaviour at lunchtime.